- Montek Singh Ahluwalia (Economist and former deputy chairman of erstwhile Planning Commission), spoke on GST stating that slab rate structure would result in corruption.
- He also said that multiple slabs would take away the essence of GST in the country.
- At the same time he also praised the current government for implementing GST which was due for quite a long time.
- CBRE conducted survey on Indian Warehouse industry to assess the impact of GST.
- Majority believed that the GST would reduce the operating cost by enabling consolidation of the small warehouses and increase their footprints.
There is still no news on today’s meeting held of GST Council, will share the updates at earliest!